Head of Marketing - Lifestyle Brand
£60,000 - £80,000 + bonus + benefits
With over 150 years heritage, this US lifestyle brand aims to inspire a connection to the outdoor world, offering products which appeal both to avid country sports enthusiasts and those who simply love an outdoor lifestyle. The business is largely driven by apparel sales through retail stores, ecommerce and catalogue channels.
Head of Marketing - The Role
To develop the brand vision and strategic marketing plan in line with business goals. Develop and deliver marketing activity that drives new customer acquisition, current customer retention and achieves outstanding commercial results.
- Leads the marketing function and works closely with the UK Managing Director to determine the short, medium and long term vision, key positioning and focus for the brand in terms of its market positioning
- Acts as customer champion; uses data and evidence to shape marketing activity and improve the customer experience, identifying potential opportunities and areas for improvement
- Develops the brand communication strategy in line with the strategic marketing plan, works closely with the UK Senior Managers and US colleagues to ensure that brand integrity is maintained and developed across all internal and external touch points
- Drives development and implementation for PR, with an external agency, and manages advertising campaigns, card marketing initiatives, customer events, and direct marketing activity (ensures alignment with Digital). Responsible for creating and driving the Brand Marketing/ promotional calendar
- Monitors the SEO and PPC rates on all websites using Google Analytics and works proactively with 3rd parties to increase conversion rates
- Ownership of marketing budget with responsibility to prove ROI on all spend
- Initiates regular ongoing evaluation of marketing activity, monitors impact to ensure both relevant and cost effective
- Keeps abreast of the latest marketing trends, identifies new innovative opportunities within marketing and communication media
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Manages direct reports, plans and controls marketing expenditure
Head of Marketing - The Person
- Passionate leader who pro-actively seeks, identifies and develops new opportunities for the benefit of the business
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of strategic consumer brand marketing concepts and relevant communication media
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills, able to work with complex data to shape strategy
- Innovative and creative, able to achieve outstanding commercial results
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, capable of building strong working relationships - both internally (UK and US) and externally
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, confident networker at all levels and across multiple functions
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar senior marketing leadership role with a proven track record of developing and delivery marketing strategy within a Omni-channel retail environment
- Experience of both digital and offline sales channels together with relevant communication media
- Marketing degree or equivalent or other marketing professional qualification. Current CIM desirable
- Experience gained within a retail apparel/fashion environment is preferable
To find out more please call John Anderson Managing Consultant on 01743 770 280 / 07931 211258 or email me a copy of your CV to email@example.com
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. C2 Recruitment is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; all of our consultants have actually worked within the industry to which they recruit meaning we truly understand your sector firsthand.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow C2 Recruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
For more jobs in Retail, Fashion and Hospitality, click here