Are you currently a Store Manager looking for a new challenge? Do you want to join a fast paced, forward thinking and expanding organisation? If yes, then look no further!
WHSmith Travel is an exciting place to work and develop your career, with record annual profits and a major international expansion underway. We are looking for exceptional, experienced retail individuals in the Mainline London and Greater London area used to working to challenging Key Performance Indicator's/targets and managing store financials, who are looking to help drive and influence how we succeed in the future.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will play an active role in the store's day to day operations, driving results and leading the team.
As a Management Designate you will receive a three month induction, of which a minimum of 8 weeks will be spent working alongside & training with our successful managers.
This time provides you with a true insight into what it will be like to manage your own WHSmith store.
During this period you will learn:
* The role of a Deputy/Store Manager within WHSmith and how this fits with the company strategy
* Understand how to analyse & drive store performance using your profit & loss, financial reports & KPI's
* Trading Losses & Operational policies & procedures
* Driving Sales & Profitability through delivering a 'Well run store', customer service culture and high performing, motivated team.
After your training, it is intended that you will take accountability for your own store as Store Manager in the Central London Region, so please note you will need to be flexible to travel within 30miles/1 hour from your training store.
* Fully accountable for your profit & loss statement
* Create a customer service led culture which is always striving to improve performance
* Analyse & drive store performance in terms of sales, profit, controllable costs and standards
* Passionate about people- supporting the recruitment, induction and succession of your store teams
* Adopt a hands on approach on the shop floor during peak trading hours
* Manage stock availability and related processes, ensuring the store is full requirements with all required policies & procedures including Health & Safety and Food Safety (where appropriate)
* Maintain a strong relationship with the landlords, working closely with them to resolve any problems that arise
* Where applicable, remotely manage more than one WHSmith unit where required, ensuring a good leadership team is in place to manage periods when you are not in store
* Proven retail experience in a management role
* Previous experience of working to and achieving demanding targets within tight budgets
* Working knowledge of managing store profit & loss accounts
* Proven experience of managing a team's performance
* Ability to lead by example on the shop floor, setting high standards for your team
* You will have excellent communication skills
* A positive attitude and a can do approach
* A pro-active individual who is used to fast paced, busy environments
Develop and Progress with Us
As an employee of WHSmith you will have the unique opportunity to undertake 'work based learning' training programmes which will enable you to gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification. WHSmith work in partnership with Lifetime to develop the knowledge and skills needed to move your career forward within our stores.
Why Join us?
WHSmith is a household name as we have been established for over 200 years. Our company has grown from strength to strength and we now have over 615 high street stores and over 750 travel outlets at airports, train stations, hospitals and motorway service areas across the UK plus an online store; www.whsmith.co.uk.
Year on year we announce a strong set of financial results and have shown good profit performance across the Group in a challenging trading environment. In return for all your hard work and commitment you will receive comprehensive training and on-going support from your Area Manager/Regional Business Manager.
In addition to this, our excellent benefits package includes: generous staff discount*, annual performance related bonus**, pay review annually, savings with other companies, long service awards, child care voucher, family friendly policies and many more...
It all adds up to excellent career opportunities and the chance make a real impact on the Company's success.
If successful, candidates will be required to obtain a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 5 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
*after initial qualifying period.
** subject to meeting plan requirements
"WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community"