Marks & Spencer and WHSmith are working together on a Franchise basis to open a brand new M&S Simply Food store in the St Helier Hospital. The planned opening is March 2018 and we are looking for a Deputy Manager to be part of this exciting new team!
Are you an influential leader looking to play a key role in your stores success? Do you have experience in food retail as well as managing a team? We are looking for outstanding individuals used to working to challenging business objectives and managing store budgets to join this exciting brand new store.
* Deputise for Store Manager in their absence
* Create a customer service led culture which is always striving to improve performance
* Ensure all staff deliver a professional, friendly service to all customers
* Ensure store is fully compliant with pricing, promotions, legislation and landlord agreements
* Work closely with the Store Manager to identify cost saving measures and sales opportunities through analysis of the profit & loss statement
* Drive the team to achieve both individual and store targets including sales, shrink, waste, cash loss and staff costs
* Work with the management team to maximise opportunities to drive sales and increase footfall
* Support the Store Manager with employee lifecycle from recruitment to appraisals, training and disciplinary procedures
* Play an active role on the shop floor with the sales team
* Build and maintain strong relationships with the outlet landlords, working closely with them to resolve any problems that may arise
* Proven retail experience in a management role
* Working knowledge of profit & loss accounts
* Previous experience of working to and achieving demanding targets within tight budgets
* Experience in supporting delivery of store objectives, including maximising sales and controlling shrink
* Coach and mentor the team to improve performance
* Leading by example on the shop floor, setting high standards for your team
Develop and Progress with Us
As an employee of WHSmith you will have the unique opportunity to undertake 'work based learning' training programmes which will enable you to gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification. WHSmith work in partnership with Lifetime to develop the knowledge and skills needed to move your career forward within our stores.
You may know we operate on the high street, in rail and bus stations, airports, hospitals, universities and workplaces. But did you know we've been around since 1792 and have over 14,000 employees across the globe and have consistently outperformed other major retailers over the past ten years? We continue to grow by putting our customers first and have a strong culture of innovation and entrepreneurialism.
At WHSmith we love progressing our people, so there are No Limits to where your career can go!