A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our fast paced and growing Travel business as a Store Manager within this Motorway Service Area store.
You will be responsible for a team of circa 9 in a £1.8m turnover store.
WHSmith Travel is an exciting place to work and develop your career, with record annual profits and a major international expansion underway. We are looking for exceptional, experienced retail individuals used to working to challenging Key Performance Indicator's/targets and managing store financials, who are looking to help drive and influence how we succeed in the future.
* Fully accountable for your profit & loss statement, keeping costs to a minimum
* Create a customer service led culture which is always striving to improve performance
* Ensure all staff deliver a professional, friendly service to all customers
* Play a key role with your team in achieving store targets including sales, shrink, waste, cash loss and staff costs
* Manage employee lifecycle from recruitment to appraisals, training and the disciplinary process
* Adopt a hands on approach on the shop floor during peak trading hours
* Manage stock availability and ensure store is fully compliant
* Maintain a strong relationship with the outlet landlords, working closely with them to resolve any problems that arise
* Remotely manage more than one WHSmith unit where required, ensuring a good leadership team is in place to manage periods when you are not in store
* Proven retail experience in a management role
* Previous experience of working to and achieving demanding targets within tight budgets
* Working knowledge of managing store profit & loss accounts
* Proven experience of managing a team's performance
* Lead by example on the shop floor, setting high standards for your team
Why Join us?
WHSmith is a household name as we have been established for over 200 years. Our company has grown from strength to strength and we now have over 615 high street stores and over 740 travel outlets at airports, train stations, hospitals and motorway service areas across the UK plus an online store; www.whsmith.co.uk.
Year on year we announce a strong set of financial results and have shown good profit performance across the Group in a challenging trading environment. In return for all your hard work and commitment you will receive comprehensive training and on-going support from your Area Manager. In addition to this, our excellent benefits package includes; 25 days holiday, generous staff discount* and annual performance related bonus*.
It all adds up to excellent career opportunities and the chance make a real impact on the Company's success. If successful, candidates will be required to obtain a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 5 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
*after initial qualifying period.
"WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community"