This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Travel business as Store Manager at Cannon Street Rail. You will be responsible for a team of circa 5 in a £900,000 turnover store.
If you have experience of all aspects of Store Management preferably in a rail environment, leading a team of people and you are looking for career progression then this is the role for you!
* Fully accountable for your profit & loss statement, keeping costs to a minimum
* Create a customer service led culture which is always striving to improve performance
* Ensure all staff deliver a professional, friendly service to all customers
* Play a key role with your team in achieving store targets including sales, shrink, waste, cash loss and staff costs
* Manage employee lifecycle from recruitment to appraisals, training and the disciplinary process
* Adopt a hands on approach on the shop floor during peak trading hours
* Manage stock availability and ensure store is fully compliant
* Maintain a strong relationship with the outlet landlords, working closely with them to resolve any problems that arise
* Remotely manage more than one WHSmith unit where required, ensuring a good leadership team is in place to manage periods when you are not in store
* Proven retail experience in a management role
* Previous experience of working to and achieving demanding targets within tight budgets
* Working knowledge of managing store profit & loss accounts
* Proven experience of managing a team's performance
* Lead by example on the shop floor, setting high standards for your team
Develop and Progress with Us
As an employee of WHSmith you will have the unique opportunity to undertake 'work based learning' training programmes which will enable you to gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification. WHSmith work in partnership with Lifetime to develop the knowledge and skills needed to move your career forward within our stores.
Why Join us?
WHSmith is a household name as we have been established for over 200 years. Our company has grown from strength to strength and we now have over 615 high street stores and over 740 travel outlets at airports, train stations, hospitals and motorway service areas across the UK plus an online store; www.whsmith.co.uk.
Year on year we announce a strong set of financial results and have shown good profit performance across the Group in a challenging trading environment. In return for all your hard work and commitment you will receive comprehensive training and on-going support from your Area Manager. In addition to this, our excellent benefits package includes; 25 days holiday, generous staff discount* and annual performance related bonus*.
It all adds up to excellent career opportunities and the chance make a real impact on the Company's success. If successful, candidates will be required to obtain a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 5 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
*after initial qualifying period.
"WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community"