Marks & Spencer and WHSmith are working together on a Franchise basis and we are opening a brand new M&S Simply Food store in the Epsom Hospital. The planned opening is March 2018 and there will be a period of training before the store opening. We are looking for Team Leaders to be part of this exciting new team!
We are looking for exceptional individuals used to working to Key Performance Indicators and driving sales to join our team. You will have previous experience of motivating and leading a team and experience in the food retail/hospitality industry is preferred.
- Duty manage the store in the Store Manager's absence
- Act on the daily store review and ensure relevant store standards checks are carried out and any necessary action is taken
- Motivate & coach the team to deliver individual and store targets, including average transaction value and add on sales
- Performance management of staff - lateness, absence, poor work rate, poor service
- Stock management including promotions and on-shelf availability
- Implement the company security policy to reduce shrink and losses
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Work with the management team to guarantee staff availability on the shop floor through coordinating your team's rotas and attendance
- Follow company policies and procedures relating to cash, stock and Human Resources
- Ensure store is fully compliant with pricing, promotions, legislation and Health and Safety
- Previous experience of leading and motivating a team to achieve targets
- Proven experience of working to and achieving challenging sales targets
- Previous experience of working in a customer focused retail environment
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of the performance management process
You may know we operate on the high street, in rail and bus stations, airports, hospitals, universities and workplaces. But did you know we've been around since 1792 and have over 14,000 employees across the globe and have consistently outperformed other major retailers over the past ten years? We continue to grow by putting our customers first and have a strong culture of innovation and entrepreneurialism.
At WHSmith we love progressing our people, so there are No Limits to where your career can go!