Retail Recruitment Guide On The Best Questions To Ask At The End Of Your Retail Job Interview
THE QUESTIONS TO ASK AT THE END OF YOUR RETAIL JOB INTERVIEW
Remember that interviews are not just a one-way street with the interviewer blasting questions at you. It should be more of a two-way conversation. At the end of the retail interview the interviewer will usually ask you "Do you have any questions?" Use this as an opportunity to show the interviewer you are serious about the role you are going for and serious about finding out whether the role is right for you. You need to find out whether you would be happy working for them and that your goals for the future are aligned with theirs Have a look at our top questions to ask at the end of this all important retail job interview:
1. Could you explain to me the company's culture? Find out whether they prioritise their employees happiness
2. How has this position evolved? This helps you find out whether the role is a stepping stone or perhaps a role that is a bit of a dead end
3. Who do you think would be the ideal candidate for this position, and how do I compare? Find out whether you have a real chance in progressing or could this be a waste of time to pursue
4. Who would I be reporting to on a daily basis? Find out the lay of the land, especially if you have multiple bosses to report in to. Try and find out the pecking order of these bosses so you get a better idea of the jobs everyone does.
6. What do you personally like most about working for this company? Get the interviewer to talk on a more casual level. People love to talk about their own experiences. This will also give you a better idea of why you may enjoy working here
7. What would you say are the challenges of this particular role? Get a rounded view of the role, bad points as well as good.
8. What qualities are the most important for doing well and advancing at the firm? Find out what you will need to do to advance in your position so you truly understand how easy it will be to progress in this role.
If you would like any advice on any aspect of your retail interview preparation then our sister company would be delighted to help you. Contact C2 Retail Recruitment at www.c2recruitment.com